EQUITYMULTIPLE has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Real Estate Analyst. You will join a passionate and experienced investments and asset management team whose goal is to make real estate investing more accessible, transparent, and secure. The Real Estate Analyst will work in small teams to both underwrite, vet and diligence new investment opportunities as well as communicate directly with deal Borrowers and Sponsors on closed investments about project status and performance across all major commercial asset types on the EquityMultiple platform. The position affords direct participation in structuring, underwriting, closing and managing commercial real estate transactions through the full life cycle from origination to realization. This position will also work opportunistically on cross-functional projects with other divisions on initiatives crucial to the success of the company.
This position is located in Manhattan, however, due to the impacts of COVID-19 EquityMultiple is currently operating remotely. There will be opportunities for in-person interaction and collaboration with colleagues via work summits and company culture events which you can attend wholly at your option and not obligation. Currently, there is a plan to return to in-person office operations in CY2021. Until that time, extensive use of the Google Workspace suite of collaboration and video conferencing tools are employed to maximize support and coordination within and amongst teams with regular All-Hands meetings as well.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate, execute and manage commercial real estate investments across product types, geographies and levels within the capital stack
- Perform detailed underwriting and assessment of investment opportunities, including market, asset and Borrower/Sponsor due diligence
- Research property markets across the US, including demographic data as well as competitive property sales and leasing data
- Create detailed offering memoranda for each investment opportunity on the EquityMultiple platform and aide in the preparation of other investment materials
- Review asset strategy presentations, annual budgets, and cash flow projections for annual business plan
- Monitor specific performance measures to identify risks, trends and opportunities
- Review and comply with leases, contracts, loan documents and JV agreements
- Create and maintain property-level financial models and prepare hold/finance/sell recommendations and valuations
- Prepare and review periodic asset updates
- Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input into deals
- Build and enhance trusted, permanent relationships while interfacing with operating partners, investors, lenders, and brokers
- Work cross functionally with Real Estate, Marketing & Communications, Investor Relations, and Product teams
We are looking for someone with:
- 1-3 years of real estate transaction experience and a passion for the CRE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with strong academic performance and achievement
- Excellent command of Excel with best practices of financial modeling, pro forma creation, real estate valuation, sensitivity and income and expense analysis a plus
- ARGUS experience (preferred, but not required)
- Strong writing skills; ability to simplify complex ideas into succinct messages
- Ability to clearly articulate the EquityMultiple platform, value proposition to investors and sponsors, investment strategy, and investment product types
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Team player, humble attitude with a strong willingness/desire to learn
EquityMultiple is a commercial real estate investment and technology firm that provides accredited investors access to professionally vetted, private real estate transactions across property types and risk profiles. EquityMultiple’s mission is to make real estate investing simple, accessible, and transparent. To date, EquityMultiple’s investors have participated in over $2.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions through its online investing platform. For more information, please visit https://www.equitymultiple.com/.
EquityMultiple is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.