Additive Manufacturing is one of the most exciting technologies being embraced by the largest manufacturers in the world. It's often referred to as the 4th Industrial Revolution. Evolve Additive Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution by developing new solutions that catapult Additive Manufacturing into true production manufacturing using real-world plastics.
Evolve Additive Solutions is creating the future of plastics manufacturing with Selective Thermoplastic Electrophotographic Process (STEP) technology -- the first Additive Manufacturing technology to rival traditional processes like injection molding in quality and cost, while bringing to industrial scale the advantages of Additive. We are building a team to commercialize our STEP technology, backed by industry stalwarts including LEGO Brand Group and Stanley Black & Decker.
We are looking for the future leaders of our company – brilliant, passionate, multifunctional overachievers excited to get their hands dirty – who will come together as a team and establish Evolve as an industrial production OEM. This means not only embodying STEP technology in a family of rock-solid production systems but also building the business processes and culture to succeed. This is the moment, as we transform ourselves from an R&D team to an equipment manufacturer, to get on board and shape the future of manufacturing.
The Imaging Technology Manager will be accountable for perfecting the electrophotographic process to deliver micronized engineering plastics to the bonding process. They will lead the activity of turning the EP imaging and electrostatic transfer process technology into a robust commercial design, create a technology development roadmap and build the team to accomplish it. This includes:
- Manage and lead a team to adapt 2D EP systems for use in a 3D printing system
- Identify critical-to function parameters including target values and ranges
- Specification for the imaging module hardware and controls design
- Understand technical risks and develop/execute mitigation plans
- Recruit and supervise a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians
- Lead, manage and facilitate communication and interaction among all team members
- Master’s degree in a physical science or in a field of engineering; PhD preferred
- Prior experience with complex production class electrophotographic systems
- Experience collaborating with materials developers/chemists to optimize materials for EP systems
- Exposure to robust design and Six-sigma training with experience developing a complex, cross-functional product
- Expertise in DOE design and analysis
- Creative problem solving
- 5 - 10 years industry experience
- Skills of simplification / effective communication / team player
- Flexibility / adaptability to the organization’s needs
This job is based at the Evolve Materials Development Center in Rochester, NY.