Head Of Sales
Fishtown Analytics is looking for a Head of Sales to lead their rapidly growing sales team across different market segments and regions.
At Fishtown Analytics, we make data work. Our open-source software, dbt, enables anyone who knows SQL to engineer, document, and test data pipelines. By empowering analysts to work like and with data engineers, dbt drastically increases an organization's ability to model and serve analytics in half the time and a tenth of the cost. dbt is already used and loved by thousands of companies and our hosted product, dbt Cloud, is quickly being adopted by startups and enterprises alike. We are funded by top investors (a16z) and closely partner and co-sell with other best in breed solutions like Snowflake, Fivetran, and BigQuery.
In the next year we are rapidly growing our sales team across different market segments and regions and are looking for a Head of Sales to lead this expansion.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Grow the dbt Cloud customer base
- Develop our sales presence outside of North America in APAC and EMEA
- Expand our selling team from 2 to 20 in the next two years
- Build a collaborative and inclusive sales culture
- Work hand in hand with sales operations to build an accurate forecasting process, design territories, and align compensation
- Put in place clear process for qualifying, evaluating, and closing deals (MEDDIC, BANT, CHAMP... - You get to pick the acronym!)
- Work with enablement and product marketing to build training and development programs for the selling teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of selling data intensive products to large organizations
- 4+ years of sales management, preferably at venture backed, Series A through D companies
- A clear process for recruiting and developing top sales talent
- The ability to operate in fast paced environments with little existing structure. (You love creating the structure!)
- A track record of attaining and exceeding annual sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to sell to large organizations across long, complex sales cycles (70% of our pipeline is Enterprise)
- Strong process for generating pipeline within territory
Nice to haves:
- Existing knowledge of dbt, SQL, and/or ETL technologies
- Experience operating in or expanding into new geographies
- Experience selling in an open source environment (ex: Elastic, MongoDB, Databricks, etc)
- Experience co-selling and joint pitching with other software providers
- Fishtown Analytics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Some of our team is based on-site, but we have a growing number of remote team members. We are committed to building a distributed company and this role is open to anyone in the US.
At Fishtown Analytics, we’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds. Whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description above, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway!