We're the makers of dbt (www.getdbt.com) and we’re on a mission to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge.
Fishtown Analytics was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. We're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to lead co-marketing efforts for our technology and consulting partner programs.
2020 was an exciting year for the Fishtown Alliances team. We achieved status as a Google Cloud Partner, Snowflake Ready Technology, and approved AWS market vendor. We also launched increased support for integrations with top technology partners like Databricks and Fivetran. This role will be instrumental in deepening our support of these and other distinguished partners, while also helping to expand our broader Alliances ecosystem.
Who we are
At Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open-source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 9,000+ people and 3,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series B - read the announcement here.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop clear and compelling joint value propositions for technology and consulting partnerships
- Partner with Acquisition and Revenue Marketing teams to design co-marketing content and campaigns that hit our shared goals with a given partner
- Develop a playbook of messaging, enablement, and content assets that speak to how we make customers successful together
- Create and maintain collateral repositories for both the Fishtown Revenue team and partner organizations; coach teams at both organizations to speak on joint value proposition
- Ensure partner integrations receive the same product marketing love that we give to our own feature launches
- Evangelize the dbt API and work with Alliances leaders and Solutions Architects to help partners understand how they can integrate with dbt
You are a good fit if you:
- Have experience in partner marketing or product marketing, in the data space
- Have experience marketing to developers and/or open source users
- Are self-motivated and eager to own end-to-end co-marketing launches
- Are highly organized and prepared to manage multiple launches in parallel
- Are excited to create compelling co-marketing content like one-pagers, guides, pitch decks, landing pages, demo videos, etc.
- Have experience working with product teams on feature positioning and messaging
- Have experience enabling sales teams on highly technical content
You'll have an edge if you:
- Have experience using dbt
- Have a background as a data practitioner or consultant
- Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $130k-$150k
- Equity: 0.05-0.1%
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
Candidates can expect the interview process to follow the schedule below:
Phone Screen, Lauren Craigie (hiring manager)
Task that demonstrates experience & communication skills
Task Check-in: Amy Deora, Head of Partnerships David Krevitt, Head of Acquisition
Department Interview: Janessa Lantz, Director of Marketing
Final Interview Tristan Handy, CEO - values
Fishtown Analytics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with a majority-distributed team. This role is open to folks based in the United States.
At Fishtown Analytics, we’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds. Whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description above, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway!