At Fishtown Analytics, we make data work. Our open-source software, dbt, enables anyone who knows SQL to engineer, document, and test data pipelines. By empowering analysts to work like and with data engineers, dbt drastically increases an organization's ability to model and serve analytics.
Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 8,000+ people and 3,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series B - read the announcement here.
As a Solutions Architect you will lead evaluation, implementation, and adoption of dbt for our largest enterprise customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Become an expert in designing enterprise data pipelines with dbt and dbt Cloud
- Work hand-in-hand with sales to present technical demonstrations of dbt Cloud
- Develop proof of concept implementations and facilitate trials of dbt Cloud
- Work with engineering to deploy dbt Cloud on-prem / in private clouds for enterprise clients
- Work with product to build and maintain the dbt Cloud enterprise roadmap
- Be an active member of the dbt community
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years of sales engineering, solutions architecture, or consulting in data operations, analytics, or BI
- A solid technical background, with experience in SQL, ETL, and data modeling
- A firm understanding of and ability to discuss modern data warehousing architectures
- Ability to gather and translate technical and business requirements into concrete solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and in-person communication skills to discuss complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment
- A passion for being an inclusive teammate and involved member of the community
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience working at an analytics, ETL, BI, and/or open-sourced software
- Knowledge of or prior experience with dbt
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling
- Experience with traditional Enterprise ETL tooling (Informatica, Boomi, Talend)
- On Target Earnings: $170,000 - $200,000 (70% Base / 30% Commission)
- Competitive Equity
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid paternity/maternity leave
Fishtown Analytics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Much of our team is based on-site, but we have a growing number of remote team members. We are committed to building a distributed company and this role is open to anyone in the US.
At Fishtown Analytics, we’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds. Whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description above, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway!