The easiest way to sell your property in Mexico City is with Flat.
Data Engineer - Operations Flat is flipping the way homes are sold in Mexico. With a deep layer of technology and data, Flat simplifies the painful process of buying or selling a home. With Flat, sellers are able to sell their homes for a fair price in a matter of days, and move-in to a new apartment effortlessly. For buyers, Flat guarantees the conditions of the property, a fair purchase price, and a seamless buying experience. We are driven by the challenge of disrupting a large industry that hasn’t seen much innovation in the past recent years. Job Description
This position is part of a growing Data Department in Flat that builds and refines Data Science tools and techniques. As a Data Engineer - Operations, you will support multiple stakeholders of a data-driven organization, executing creative data projects and initiatives to extract, transform, and deliver data that enables our everyday Operations. You will champion the continuous improvement of the projects that support our operations and respond with efficiency and agility to changing needs of the organization. As our Data Engineer of Operations, you will:
- Collaborate with team leaders to understand their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and delivering actionable insights
- Manipulate, format, and cleanse large and disparate data sets in order to monitor data integrity and execute data migration/cleansing projects.
- Create and maintain pipelines to move data around different processes.
- Use internal and external APIs to deliver data.
- Empower key stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve process, and tools to enable scalable analysis, reporting, and decision making.
- Implement and maintain a combination of methods and tools to ensure optimal scalability for data acquisition.
- Partner with management and internal clients to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships with Acquisitions, Sales, Marketing, Renovations and Finance. Requirements
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or related field required.
- Excellent organizational skills and accountability. (Operations requires reliability)
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Excellent understanding of statistical concepts
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in numerical programming and data wrangling in Python.
- Experience providing insights to different stakeholders. Good Data Visualization.
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience using different APIs.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, RDS. Nice to have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the PropTech ecosystem Perks
- Health insurance
- 15 vacation+personal days since year 0
- Great company culture and office environment