The easiest way to sell your property in Mexico City is with Flat.
We're looking for a talented and driven Head Of Engineering, comfortable with managing people, processes, strategy, and working as a tech leader within our Engineering Team. On the people side, you'll be interfacing with every team at Flat to understand business needs and translate them to tech solutions with the help of our amazing Product Team, and be a technical advisor and mentor to the engineers working on implementing those solutions, as well as helping with hiring and making our team grow fast 🚀
On the strategic side, you'll be working with some of the best minds in the real estate market to design, test, and iterate on customer-facing products that have real world impact. We're looking for someone who can make data-driven decisions, understands risks and trade-offs, and leads the team towards succesful project completions.
On the technical side, you should be comfortable designing and building responsive front end experiences, as well as with designing and building rigorous APIs and backend services. You'll have a key role in all stages of our software development process, from capturing input from our graphic design or operations team, to working alongside our engineers in building the most efficient platform for real estate logistics and management. What you will work on
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to propose and scope new products, as well as lead strategic projects at Flat.
- Desing and implement processes from priorization, testing, infrastructure, QA and more to keep our engineering team world-class, making sure we meet business needs and do so with top quality.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems for our internal and external platforms,
- Working closely with designers and engineers to build a world-class website,
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack,
- Support the team in all phases of the software development lifecycle: analysis, design, implementation, testing and support, as well as lead our architecture design and future planning.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes You’ll be a good fit for this role if you
- Have 6+ years of software engineering experience, and a 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- Take pride in working on projects to a successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems, sometimes from the ground up.
- Thrive in a startup environment, comfortable with a fast paced, horizontal structure, (many requests and needs coming from many places)
- Very strong experience with software development best practices.
- Very strong algorithm and data structures fundamentals.
- Very strong SQL fundamentals.
- Very strong experience with systems design and architecture.
- Process-oriented mindset: you can quickly identify org changes and design and lead processes to better fit Flat and our customers.
- You have grown high-performance teams, from writing job descriptions to hiring and mentoring. We are definitely interested in talking to you if
- You have first-hand knowledge of our stack: we mostly work with Python 3.6+, Django, ES6 JS, React.js, and PostgreSQL.
- You have participated in cross-functional teams or at a high growth start-up.
- You are excited about Real Estate Tech.