Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Collect meal component data during production to validate specification compliance; verify data accuracy and through repetitive testing.
- Support production through product preparation and documentation of requested ingredients and meal components.
- Implement and perform scientific and analytical testing in a manufacturing environment to optimize recipe performance and production efficiencies.
- Audit weight and yield compliance throughout production areas.
- Execute and prepare prototype samples based on recipes provided.
- Ensures that samples collected are prepared, bagged, labeled, dated and contained per process; when applicable, ensure that all products are ready and shipped complete, accurately and on time.
- As available, assist Culinary Development in testing new recipes, trialing product enhancements, and other production-based development tasks.
- Ensure quality, safety , product specifications and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Must have serious passion for cooking delicious, healthy food.
- Must have high standards for food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of high-volume kitchen logistics.
- 2+ years experience in food manufacturing and/or large volume food service production.
- Culinary Degree, Culinology Degree or equivalent background and experience
- Certifications a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma required.
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in pilot plant or manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable in a kitchen environment.
- Basic understanding of food safety; ServSafe or similar preferred.
- Organizational & project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Basic understanding of food science is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs) is a plus.