Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Responsible for creating a roadmap for logistics based on qualitative and quantitative carrier analysis.
- Conceptualize innovative ways to reduce inbound and outbound shipping costs and improve service.
- Create and deliver a well-scoped strategic plan with KPIs for the logistics team based on understanding of business goals and expectations from senior leadership.
- Tactically plan and execute contingency management to mitigate customer risk in delivery exceptions.
- Responsible for third party carriers on service expectations and develop innovative solutions to service our product and customers.
- Accountable for performance and relationships of vendors and carriers including commercials through effective use of vendor scorecards, service development and onboarding.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams, including Procurement, Operations, and CX to solve complex business problems.
- Define, analyze and own critical logistics metrics, including cost per meal and performance.
- Initiate quality best practices within our logistics network and minimize customer service issues
- Integrate in-depth data analysis with hands-on learning to drive improvements across different parts of our supply chain to improve infrastructure and add value to customers.
- Accountable for tactical logistics operations that result in customer satisfaction.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and execute against strategic goals for logistics, focusing on carrier strategy.
- BA/BS in Industrial Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management, Logistics, MS/MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in leading logistics, quality and vendor management, transportation or middle to last mile delivery.
- Relevant experience in distribution, transportation or network design with emphasis on designing and executing supply chain process improvements.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to perform data analysis to craft tactical operational recommendations.
- Own transportation network planning and execution supporting growth and expansion strategy for our distribution centers.
- Must be able to easily leverage data and skilled at pulling reports to perform in-depth analysis as needed.
- Expertise in leading cost reduction initiatives and eliminating the root causes of defects.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during daily/weekly and leadership reviews.
- A person of influence with the ability to gain buy-in from all levels - employee through CEO