Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Director of Growth to lead a growing team of digital marketers. This person will be responsible for leading our digital growth marketing initiatives for and building on our already strong digital program strategy. Reporting into the VP of Growth Marketing and working in partnership with key Freshly stakeholders, the candidate will oversee digital and Freshly’s online presence.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Growth Marketing: Develop & execute a best-in-class digital growth strategy to increase customer growth via SEO, Facebook, Instagram, Paid Search, Display/Retargeting, and Affiliate Marketing.
- Digital Strategic Planning: Lead growth planning in digital marketing for Freshly. You will work closely with the Marketing, Brand, and Product teams in this effort. You will also develop the Digital Marketing strategic roadmap—and multi-channel strategy—that leverages the company's unique value props, promo code strategy, and marketplace position, while providing an optimal return on investment.
- Landing Page Optimization: Working closely with the creative team to develop a best in class user experience & test new landing pages every month across our digital channels. Own the digital landing page strategy and be responsible for improving landing page conversion rate across all digital channels.
- Testing/Optimization: Create a testing methodology and identify success metrics for digital marketing tests for new channels with scaling scenarios if the channel performs during the test period.
- Analytics and Reporting: Develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly reports/dashboards that effectively communicate the current state of business and program performance
- Management: Lead and manage the digital customer acquisition team, composed of dedicated channel managers. Work with channel managers to develop trackable KPIs for channel managers that they can track towards. Recruit, hire, motivate, mentor and develop a team of marketers.
- 6+ years experience in an acquisition-focused marketing role and 2+ years of experience managing a team. You have a history of driving efficient growth at a startup, D2C preferred.
- You've led or been a key part of a best-in-class marketing team operating at scale (7 figure monthly budget). You bring strong know-how about how to optimize campaigns and drive strong performance.
- Ruthlessly analytical. You have a Bachelors's or Masters's degree in a quantitative field and ideally have experience with more advanced analytics, programming, and statistical tools.
- Ability and eagerness to effectively balance the big-picture strategic work with day-to-day execution. A strategic thinker and strong communicator. You're equally comfortable in the weeds and thinking big picture. You'll be asked to identify the high-level risks and opportunities for the channel.
- A driver for growth. You'll be tasked with hitting our revenue goals while diversifying our mix of marketing channels. You're the kind of person who thrives on that challenge. You're extremely proactive and gritty, and you make the most of what you have.
- A propensity for testing constantly and a constant advocate for marketing excellence.