Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success. Freshly is hiring a highly experienced, big thinking Head of Digital Experience to own the evolution of our customer desktop and mobile experiences. This person will be responsible for the end-to-end onsite customer journey, working closely with marketing and product team members to build our development roadmap, merchandising program, and site optimization initiatives, including SEO and personalization. This role reports directly to the VP of Growth and will be a big influencer and driver of customer experience strategy throughout the organization. The ideal candidate can think big while also diving deep into details to make decisions. They will be highly analytical and metrics-driven, with an eye always on creating the best customer journeys as we grow our business. Our environment is fast-paced and requires balancing scrappiness with scale, gut with data, and planning with action. This is a high visibility role requiring excellent communication and accountability.
- Develop & execute the optimization strategy for key site content pages (Homepage, landing pages, critical active customer pages, and creative asset execution on-site & app). Work with marketing & product teams (including new customer growth, integrated marketing, and channel leads) to drive content to increase traffic, conversion, and sales.
- You play an active role in identifying the risks and potential ROI for a project and in making tradeoffs. You have an in-depth understanding of merchandising and customer-facing metrics and use such data to guide your decisions and recommendations.
- In collaboration with marketing, brand, & product leaders, develop & execute the strategy for new product launches, marketing campaigns, and report on results to the executive team.
- Implement online & in-app merchandising strategies, focusing on contributing to YOY growth in new customers, conversion rate, customer reorder rate, and customer engagement. Generate demand by using merchandising tools to optimize the prospective & active customer site & in-app experience.
- Own the digital landing page strategy and be responsible for improving the landing page conversion rate across all digital channels. Partner closely with key stakeholders to develop a best-in-class user experience and continuously test landing and product page performance to improve overall conversion rate.
- Develop SEO site management strategy, roadmap, & execution of Freshly.com. Review SEO reports and drive SEO efforts on-site and develop the business requirements for engineering to execute.
- Be the digital leader in defining key features and functions to drive conversion efficiency & personalization, partner with product & engineering teams to support all aspects of each feature launch (content, copy, & creative).
- Optimize essential digital products & merchandising features on the site including, filters, search, product recommendations.
- Partner closely with brand and marketing teams to communicate digital best practices and adapt all merchandising and brand strategies successfully for e-commerce/digital.
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency.
- 9+ years experience in a merchandising/product marketing role and 2+ years of experience leading a high-performing brand’s merchandising strategy.
- You bring strong know-how about how to optimize landing pages, site experience, and SEO.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and product trends.
- Demonstrated Strategic Orientation; ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies.
- Innovation Cultivator; exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Ruthlessly analytical. You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field and ideally have experience with more advanced analytics, programming, and statistical tools.
- Ability and eagerness to effectively balance the big-picture strategic work with day-to-day execution. A strategic thinker and strong communicator. You're equally comfortable in the weeds and thinking big picture.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary; articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.