Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
Materials Planner/ Buyer
Become a part of the team in charge of making our products! As Freshly continues to grow, we are building a stronger and deeper materials management team. This is a new role to support the growth and the increased number of meals produced at our Linden, NJ manufacturing plant. We are seeking an experienced Materials Planner/ Buyer who will be able to understand forecast demand and create purchase orders to meet the needs of our Linden plant. The ideal candidate must be able to work cross-functionally and act as a liaison between the Linden plant and Freshly’s vendors. Be part of a team and company where one can grow their career!
- Read and analyze MRP requirements to confirm purchase orders.
- Maintain optimal raw/packaging/GL material inventory levels through the correct use of planning and inventory parameters.
- Participate in the periodical revision of planning and inventory parameters (safety stock, lead time, minimum order quantity, maximum order quantity, etc.).
- Active and formal communication with pertinent cross-functional team to exchange information on open order delivery status to fulfill the production schedule compliance.
- Perform all ERP transactions as it relates to the creation and processing of purchase orders
- Revise purchase order schedule as required to maintain a flow of material for the site
- Drive maximum utilization of the ERP system for all MRP functions and inventory control
- Plan and verify the arrival of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Develop supply agreements for select purchasing categories, along with corporate sourcing team and vendors, to ensure supplier performance meets or exceeds Freshly’s KPIs.
- Communicate with vendors about service level performance and needs of corrective action plans on raw materials claims and rejections, in tandem with the corporate procurement team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2 – 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years situated in a manufacturing environment (food & beverage, consumer products, or pharmaceutical)
- Practical knowledge of ERP/ MRP, database management, inventory planning and forecasting
- Must be organized, possess time management skills, and be able to manage changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and computer proficiency, with intermediate level Excel or Google Sheets skill
- Ability to escalate issues within Freshly team and with supply partners, as appropriate, to drive timely issue resolution
- Talent for communicating, influencing, and problem-solving
- Optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges!