Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Develop a performance based culture, both team and individual, to assure continuous improvement and alignment with enterprise vision, mission and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development in the key areas of food safety, employee safety, product quality, and productivity.
- Provide direct oversight for the production and warehouse/shipping teams across a 24 hour, 6 day operation with strong cross functional interface with maintenance, quality, HR, procurement, and R&D.
- Provide leadership in measuring, assessing and enhancing production/warehousing capabilities and performance.
- Ensure regulatory compliance across a range of federal, state, and local agencies.
- Ensure that all quality standards, specifications and policies are met, drive continuous process/manufacturing improvements and collaborate with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open/honest dialogue and involvement with all team members that demonstrates the value of their input and engagement in improving performance.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Drive collaboration with R&D in new product development to ensure plant capabilities and production feasibility are understood and addressed.
- Bachelors Degree required (i.e. Business Administration, Engineering, Food Science, Management, or Operations).
- Minimum 5+ years manufacturing experience required preferably with some level of High Performance Work System implementation.
- Minimum 2+ years in a significant leadership role in a plant required (i.e. Production Manager or Operations Manager with significant scope of responsibility).
- Manufacturing experience in a food, CPG, or related industry required.
- Strong change management skills required.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.