Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
Leads a production area with a crew of up to 50 people, under direction of the Production Supervisor, helps control staffing levels, moves employees within department to maintain workflow, and coordinates with leads and supervisors in other areas. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
- Assist Supervisor to lead, plan, organize and control the operation of the shift.
- Achieve performance goals and meet deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Execute employee production schedules and manage hours based on workload.
- Execute daily production schedules using the enterprise resource planning system.
- Assist Supervisor to train, develop and supervise production employees.
- Ensure quality, safety and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Basic troubleshooting and repair on machines.
- Identify and resolve employee, customer, and/or supplier concerns.
- Coordinate frequently with supervisor to ensure that priorities are being completed on time.
- Report any product quality issues to supervisor/QA tech.
- Report any mechanical malfunctions to supervisor/maintenance tech.
- Stay up-to-date on changes to procedures and policies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all required areas.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold from 0 to 100 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work in areas with slippery and/or wet conditions near water.
- Frequently work near equipment and mechanic moving parts
- Regular exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Self starter, organized and detail oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Production process change skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action oriented are fundamental imperatives.