Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
Oversee both Quality Assurance & Sanitation Departments in both facilities (56th ave & DC)
- Understand sanitation processes, chemicals, & SSOPs
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the department including: staffing, budgets & financial goals
- Oversee all recordkeeping in accordance with Freshly policies and regulatory requirements
- Direct and train staff in the preparation of all required reporting
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies, procedures & GMP’s
- Coach and develop team members
- Organize staff scheduling to include: work assignments, training, vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and back up for absent employees
- Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate thorough follow up skills
- Execution of all company disciplinary procedures
- Maintain a team environment and high employee morale
- Display & demand professional conduct at all times
- Lead all regulatory visits for the facility, including development and execution of corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with Culinary Development team regarding new product development, shelf life testing, organoleptic testing, and process improvement
- Manage local supplier relationships for uniforms and laundry services, sanitation chemicals, pest control and other food safety sensitive service providers.
- Ensure the flawless execution of facility HACCP, FSP and all related programs, including
- Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Participate as a member of the Food Safety Team
- Lead Customer complaint program, including conducting investigations and follow-up.
- Effectively manage all Hold and Test programs, including leading the final disposition of nonconforming products.
- Participate in mock recalls.
- Identification of food safety and quality risks
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field preferred
- Certification in HACCP, PCQI or other related programs.
- In depth knowledge of plant sanitation, HACCP, FSMA, SSOP and GMP program writing
- 3-5 years of management experience in food manufacturing, CPG or related environment
- Strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Experience in supervising project & team activities
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- English, Bilingual a plus
- Working knowledge of food regulations, such as FDA, USDA and FSMA
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl through narrow, enclosed or elevated spaces; move up and down stairs.
- Visually inspect and locate equipment and products.
- Read information, often in mall print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to varying temperatures (extreme heat of cold from 0 – 100 degrees), work areas that may be slippery and or wet, near equipment and mechanical moving parts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.