Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the dept
- Analyze and document department processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies
- Coordinate and execute solutions from process analysis, reporting analysis and general company projects
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies, procedures & GMP’s
- Coach and develop your team
- Establish & execute quarterly objectives
- Organize staff scheduling to include: work assignments, training, vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and back up for absent employees
- Effective communication with all people both within and outside the plant
- 100% execution on daily tasks, projects & objectives
- Enforce all dept Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain a team environment and high employee morale
- Conduct audits annually
- Execute and delegate all product evaluations, plant audits and all relevant daily paperwork
- Research Food Safety & Sanitation, Shelf Life, Food Additives
- Supervise waste removal, uniform, chemical, pest control programs and contracts
- Liaison to FDA, Maricopa county or any other regulatory body in absence of QA Manager
- Supervise HACCP and FSMA, Pathogen Monitoring, SQF, SSOP & GMP programs
- Perform scheduled duties when necessary with team including pre-op, operational inspection, batch log temperature monitoring, product evaluations, sampling, yield testing, weight measuring
- Identify food safety and quality risks
- Assist in training all new department employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and 3 to 7 years of job-related experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Knowledge of office & manufacturing processes, procedures and technology
- Strong Maricopa/FDA regulatory knowledge
- In depth knowledge of plant sanitation, HACCP, FSMA, SSOP and GMPs
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.