Front lets you manage all of your communication channels — email, social media, chat, SMS — in one place, and helps your team collaborate around every message.
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for our first Senior Content Designer to join our growing Design team. You’ll partner with our Product Designers, Researchers, and Product Marketers across every surface of the Front product to craft highly engaging experiences for our users.As the founding member of our UX Writing team you’ll help establish UX Writing as a discipline at Front through defining best practices and establishing our product tone & voice guidelines, and wowing us with your wording superpowers.
What will you be doing?
- Launch the practice of UX writing with a rapidly growing design team
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of UX Writing
- Create the Front product voice and style
- Represent our users by offering a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process
- Help our users feel at home in Front by using language that speaks to them and their needs
- Regularly collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, marketers, product analysts, and product managers
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Translate complicated concepts into clear in-product copy (UI, notifications, errors, and more)
- Create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of UX writing experience
- Proven track record of building high-quality products (mobile, web, desktop)
- Ability to understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your writing decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their collaboration problems
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.