Front lets you manage all of your communication channels — email, social media, chat, SMS — in one place, and helps your team collaborate around every message.
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to lead multiple, fast-moving teams delivering a flexible product which works for both small, fast-growing startups and large enterprise businesses. This is a unique opportunity to build both API-based and workflow-oriented products of Front’s core business.
What will you be doing?
- Lead multiple teams of talented engineers to solve fast-scaling distributed systems problems
- Grow your teams by coaching and developing the engineers on your teams, and by attracting and hiring top talent
- Drive the technical strategy and roadmap and priorities for your teams, and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Front’s engineering management team
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience building and scaling backend software systems and infrastructure
- Successfully built teams, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- 5+ years of engineering management experience including experience managing managers
- Experience at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.