Front lets you manage all of your communication channels — email, social media, chat, SMS — in one place, and helps your team collaborate around every message.
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,500 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
As our first Design Researcher in Paris, you’ll help to establish the research practice there while maintaining a tight connection to the Research team in San Francisco. You’ll support the product teams that cater to the needs of our largest and most complex customers, guiding product managers and designers in bringing our users’ needs to the forefront of how we design Front. You will play a key role in shaping how we better connect with our users from surveys and tactical usability research, to formative research studies that shape product strategy going forward. You’ll help us better our current product experience while guiding us into the future.
What you'll do
- Work with the Workflows and Insights teams to shape the way enterprise customers manage their teammates and workflows in Front
- Identify research needs in partnership with the Product teams you support
- Partner closely with designers and product managers to help them successfully execute their own research
- Design and facilitate multi-method studies across important product areas, using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful
- Analyze research insights and present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Effectively present and articulate your rationale to stakeholders and executives
- Work with other research-related functions such as marketing, data science, and analytics to triangulate and contextualize user research findings
- Collaborate with researchers in San Francisco to contribute to our holistic view of the user experience
What we're looking for
- 3-5 years of experience with Product organizations conducting UX research
- Experience with SaaS, B2B or other complex technical systems
- Experience applying a diverse toolkit of research methodologies
- Passion for complexity and translating intricate user needs into a delightful product
- Proven track record of teaching other disciplines about the process and value of research
- Experience taking the lead and defining research needs for broad or ambiguous product areas
- Advocacy for research insights and examples of insights that led to shipped product experiences
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) in English
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.