Front lets you manage all of your communication channels — email, social media, chat, SMS — in one place, and helps your team collaborate around every message.
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to be the first SRE at Front, supporting a growing infrastructure, both in terms of number of customers as well as in customer’s size. This is a unique opportunity to define how and which tools the team will build and use, in order to scale the team as we continue to grow.
What will you be doing?
- Join our infrastructure team at Front as the first SRE, helping to define processes and best practices
- Own our deployment tooling
- Drive postmortems and ensure teams follow through on action items
- Propose and deliver improvements to our production monitoring systems
- Work closely on our on-call program, lending support to on-call engineers during the day
- Educate developers on good practices for production change management
- Define metrics to provide visibility into system availability
What skills and experience do you need?
- Customer mindset first: We are a product focus company with an emphasis on customer.
- Experience with K8s and Terraform, as well as NodeJS
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Experience in large scale and multi-region systems
- Experience in building tools previously
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.