The Pricing team owns the definition and execution of pricing strategy at GitLab. This team is incredibly strategic to GitLab's success, and has the opportunity to make a large positive financial impact through improving Average Selling Price and Average Revenue per User.
The Pricing Analyst reports to the Sr. Director of Pricing.
Pricing Analyst Responsibilities
- Help the pricing team drive informed pricing and packaging decisions
- Generate data reports and conduct data analyses using SQL and Python/R, translate findings into actionable pricing insights, and present recommendations to business teams
- Create dashboards and automated reporting for key pricing performance metrics
- Build models to predict the potential impact of pricing changes, by leveraging sales, product usage, and billing data inputs
- Support executing pricing research and competitive analyses to help drive strategic pricing decisions
- Operate in an iterative mindset, focused on delivering improvements and value at high velocity
Pricing Analyst Requirements
- 5+ years of experience with financial analysis, preferably focused on SaaS products
- Advanced-level SQL
- Advanced visualization skills and experienced in building BI dashboards (we use SiSense)
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and deliver clear status updates, business insights, and recommendations
- Nice to have: Experience with pricing research and a basic understanding of common pricing research techniques
- Nice to have: Understand market research and have experience with survey design and analysis
Pricing Analyst Job Grade
The Pricing Analyst is a grade 6.
Pricing Analyst Hiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, selected candidates will be asked to compete a written Assessment
- Next, selected candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Principal Pricing Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a deep dive interview with a member of the Data Team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a member of the Finance Team
- Finally, selected candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Pricing
- Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.