As a Customer Success Manager on the Gladly Customer Success team, you’re responsible for building long-term strategic relationships, providing best-in-class on-boarding and training, and strengthening overall product adoption and engagement with our top-tier enterprise customers. You'll work closely with key stakeholders to understand their business objectives, acting as their trusted advisor in using Gladly effectively toward their ideal outcomes.
As our customer advocate, you'll liaison between our customers and our internal organization, ensuring that needs and/or requirements considered critical to the success of these customers are communicated and managed throughout Gladly. You’ll gather customer feedback and product requests while helping to align customer adoption with our product as well as helping to expand, up-sell and renew orders from existing customers, and will ultimately own a retention and renewal number on a quarterly and annual basis.
In addition to traditional CSM responsibilities you will be part of the early CS team that is defining and building the foundation for how we approach the various programs, customer communications, customer engagement, and strategic planning initiatives that will define the future of Gladly's Customer Success offering.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the success of Gladly customers in achieving the value of relationship-based customer service using the Gladly platform.
- Build lasting relationships through consistent engagement with customer executives and managers to instill understanding of product vision, value proposition and features. Proactively engage clients to drive product adoption and optimal product experiences.
- Partner with Sales Account Executive to develop and execute on account plans, ensure alignment within Gladly teams on account strategy. Develop & maintain relationships with other key internal customer champions, including engineering, product and marketing leadership to help strategically guide the direction of the product based on voice of the customer feedback.
- Serve as a product expert for customers, including deployment best practices as well as configuration of product settings/rules to address customer business and technical needs.
- Work with new customers to implement, rollout, and on-board across their entire organization, leveraging best practices and customer journey programs. Provide product training and enablement to managers, supervisors and contact center agents who will be using Gladly.
- Resolve account issues quickly, leveraging resources from across the company as needed.
- Contribute to Gladly's Customer Success program development, strategic planning, and customer engagement approach to drive consistency and scale as the company grows.
- Participate in pre-sales activities with prospective customers such as meetings, workshops, and webinars.
- Previous experience in a B2B client facing role (sales engineering, consulting, professional services, CSM, or technical account management).
- Previous experience implementing SaaS software applications and/or providing technical and strategic advisory services.
- Genuine passion for building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, from engineering, product, marketing, etc.
- Entrepreneurial. Highly Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. High standards for personal productivity. Enthusiastic about building Customer Success in a start-up environment.
- Great communication skills - able to provide clear & concise guidance through emails, over the phone, or in person, with a casual and confident tone.
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills.
- Quick learner, able to fully grasp technological detail as well as high level business concepts.
- Able to gain consensus and get business and technical teams to work together toward timely issue resolution.
- Able to build and support a business case to customer teams.
- A strong awareness of business processes and ability to translate business processes into enterprise application implementations.
- Effective team player dedicated to continuously improve upon our process of advocating for the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customer stakeholders at all levels.
- Innately understand how to balance advocacy for Gladly and the customer by looking for win:win outcomes.
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Comfortable and willing to engage on-site with customers where needed.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings company.
- Expertise of customer support software and/or telephony processes.
At Gladly we value:
- Putting people first We built our product putting people at the heart of it all. And we’ve taken the same approach to building our company.
- Focusing on the customer We treat our customers’ goals as our own, and we work hard to achieve them.
- Being humble and hungry We applaud initiative and value leadership—but we also believe that nobody is above emptying the dishwasher.
- Always learning Everyone’s personal best is ahead of them. Seeking new ways to grow is what keeps us motivated.
- Owning it We encourage everyone to seek and share feedback, take calculated risks, and learn from their mistakes.
- Communicating it With an open and transparent culture, collaboration becomes a lifestyle and everyone has a voice
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness stipend
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By managing customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count JetBlue, Warby Parker, Crate &Barrel and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a full distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.