Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Software Engineer at Gooten, you’ll join a close-knit team of other engineers to build the future of our order management platform destined to serve millions of orders a day. This individual will create and enhance the systems that support our order management platform and improve our product and delivery capabilities.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering highly critical technical projects end-to-end. The ideal candidate will be motivated and extremely knowledgeable about systems engineering and shipping software with high quality. This is a fully remote role.
How you'll power eCommerce:
- Implement new feature requests, producing testable and repeatable results
- Work with product team to understand business requirements
- Heavily participate and support others in code reviews
- Build, own, and operate reliable software experiences, systems, and services
- Establish and maintain technical specifications
- Handle and support operational issues
You should have:
- 5+ years experience with one or more of the following: Clojure, C#, React, Angular, Node.js, Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced experience with the software development lifecycle
- Ability to design, code, document, and test reusable software components, frameworks, and systems
- Ability to break down complex technical problems into small, releasable, user-valued features
- Comprehensive knowledge of application software design patterns and emerging technologies
- Degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- A collaborative, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Azure or other cloud services
- Familiarity with some/all of our tools: Github, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with agile development practices (scrum, kanban, XP)
- Experience with B2B and/or eCommerce products
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.
At Gooten, we celebrate and support the differences that allow our team to empower our eCommerce partners to grow their businesses and democratize access to high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applicants and teammates regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.