goTenna is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to develop embedded software for goTenna Mesh and Pro products.
About the Role
goTenna is looking to hire a senior level firmware engineer to develop embedded software for goTenna Mesh and Pro products.. You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and debugging of Bluetooth, RF, and Mesh protocols. Additionally you will develop board support packages for new hardware, optimize performance for current and future products. In addition to working with the Director of Firmware Engineering and Firmware Engineer, you will also be a part of a team of engineers working on web & mobile development, wireless networking protocols, hardware, and quality assurance. Always seeking ways to improve productivity and quality you will contribute to the overall evolution of our Agile process. This role will begin remote, with the long term goal to be onsite at our Brooklyn, NY headquarters.
- Coding, testing, and productizing networking stacks on multiple goTenna platforms
- Design, implement and test firmware modules in embedded C. This includes Bluetooth, RF, USB, board support packages, and ISRs.
- Develop unit test plans and unit test firmware
- Conduct research and development on new protocol development
- Bachelor or Masters in engineering (CS, EE or related field), preferably with communications background or relevant work experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in embedded systems development
- Experience implementing networking/RF/Bluetooth/USB stacks on embedded platforms
- Demonstrated experience in real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Strong coding skills in C, C++. Experience with python is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in small form factor embedded systems and resource constrained hardware
- Experience working with low-level hardware, developing low-level drivers, bootloaders, and developing board support packages.
- Tools: MCUXpresso, KDS, gdb, Git/Github, Jenkins
It would be awesome if you had:
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Ham Radio Technician License
- Experience conducting research and development on new protocol development
- Experience in wireless communications or mesh networking
- An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, do cool stuff outside work, and try to be creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf).
- Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.