Greenlight® empowers parents to teach trade-off decisions, money management, and the power of saving with a special Greenlight app experience just for kids.
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for a Product Director for our Platform and internal services teams. The Platform team provides the core services - including account management, card processing, money movement, and ledger of record for all account balances and transactions - that power the financial activities for millions of parents and children across both our consumer and SaaS product lines.
In this role, you will partner closely with product engineering teams, other product managers, and architects to define and execute the Platform roadmap, including but not limited to ensuring all of Greenlight’s core account and money movements across both consumer and SaaS experiences are served via Greenlight’s core services platform. Other Greenlight product development teams rely on your services to build and deliver their solutions to Greenlight customers and stakeholders. You will be responsible for the foundational elements of Greenlight and ensuring the highest standards of reliability, security, availability, and scalability to continue to provide a safe and convenient family finance solution that Greenlight parents trust for their kids.
Your team will also work with the rest of the product and engineering teams to transition from legacy integrations to scalable microservices so they can quickly and efficiently build best-in-class experiences for Greenlight families. You will be responsible for prioritizing and identifying any platform needs across our business.
You’ll bring deep expertise in card processing, ledgers, microservices, and / or building trusted developer experiences. You have experience and thrive on leading high performance teams and successfully delivering on large scale, complex, and impactful efforts.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to set the strategy and roadmaps for our core Greenlight platform
- Collaborate with PMs and other cross-functional stakeholders to understand their requirements, manage dependencies, and plan for their future needs
- Serve as product owner for current platform needs; manage the backlog, capture requirements, and ship incremental enhancements
- Ensure all existing legacy Greenlight solutions are migrated to and effectively being powered by Greenlight’s highly scalable platform
- Communicate progress, value, and blockers to the wider business, including executive leadership
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Highly technical, with deep experience and track record of success in building high-velocity, low-latency, high-availability services
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering a plus
- Highly collaborative and capable of managing large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to align stakeholders on the goals and behaviors required for success
Who we are:
In 2021, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state, or local law.