Director, Growth & Strategy
Handy is looking for a Director, Growth & Strategy to manage strategy and execution and work cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, operations, and CX to grow revenue and increase efficiency.
Handy is a home services marketplace on a mission to disrupt the $400B home services market by seamlessly delivering every service to every home. Handy has fundamentally changed the way the world buys home services by making it as easy to buy a service online as it is to buy a product. We connect customers to vetted, independent local professionals at the tap of a button, while providing upfront pricing, customer choice in scheduling (no more pesky 4 hour windows), cashless payments and a service guarantee.
Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation and assembly services across the US, Canada and the UK. Handy offers its services both direct-to-consumer via our website and mobile apps and through partnerships with some of the largest retailers in the world, including Wayfair, Walmart, Lowes, Costco and more. As of 2019, Handy is an independently operated subsidiary of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. This milestone is allowing us to expand to hundreds of more home services to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers and professionals.
About The Role
Handy is seeking a highly analytical leader with strategy, product management or operations experience to join the Everyday Services team at Handy. This team covers ~75+ services for homeowners, including lawn, cleaning, pest, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to work on Handy’s highest growth revenue stream. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution to maximize revenue, get to know the inner-workings of a fast-growing start-up, and drive overall P&L strategy. You will work cross-functionally across departments, including product, marketing, sales, operations, and CX to build business cases and bring them to fruition. You will interface regularly with the executive team at Handy as well as the teams at our sister brands. This is the perfect role for a hungry, analytical team-player who wants to grow a nascent, but very high potential new business line from the ground up and sees themselves a future CEO or entrepreneur.
You will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business, while developing as a future leader of the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Driving the strategy for a high growth P&L. You will be responsible for evaluating opportunities to improve conversion, margin, and overall profitability of the business unit.
- Analyzing and measuring impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) the metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will have to work closely with people in the product, marketing, operations and CX, as well as teams at our sister brands, to succeed.
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility including product management or e-commerce marketing and owning a budget
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- Prior small company or start-up experience required. Experience with marketplaces or past consulting experience is a plus
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations intensive environment.
- Knowledge of key e-commerce product areas, from on-site conversion and to email flow optimization.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of the Flatiron district, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world