Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
Headspace is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning to provide the tools necessary to unlock the full potential of all teams at Headspace.
Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
About the Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning at Headspace:
The platform team’s mission is to provide the tools necessary to unlock the full potential of all teams at Headspace. The Machine Learning team in particular works hand in hand with the Data Science team to test, deploy, and optimize models. They participate in the inception and creation of the user value questions the models seek to answer. They work with the engineering and product team to integrate the models into the user experience, meeting the SLA requirements.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Execution and delivery - do not let projects get stuck, remove roadblocks from the team before they are reached, getting your hands dirty in the code by doing the pieces in the gaps that would cause too great a context switch for your team
- Proactive communication - engaging with the team’s stakeholders to anticipate their needs, delivering on them, or transparently adjusting expectations
- People management - coaching, mentoring, and performance management are all critical traits of a people manager. The team needs to understand what is expected of them and more importantly, they need to want to put in the extra effort to ensure you and they are successful
- Productionalized machine learning knowledge - delivery of machine learning models into a high scale production environment. Worked with Analytics teams and Product teams and understands the differences.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional system design abilities which include experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Excels at software delivery. You are a pro at architecture, testing, monitoring, alerting, and are excited to apply these principles to your team.
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting a machine learning strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience