Design & build the future of the consumer internet
most of us are content curators, not content creators.
we express ourselves creatively not by creating content, but by curating content. we consume and share what we like alongside our own commentary - think of reacting on posts, commenting, retweeting, even just sending links to friends.
even though most of us are content curators, there is no platform that focuses on tooling and incentives for the curator. in fact, most curation is decentralized and unstructured, and because of this, there is little utility gained from curating.
we're building tools and incentives for people to curate on the internet. we started with an experience that allows users to curate music and add commentary using emojis, and we've reached thousands of users that actively do this every week!
Who are we?
koodos was founded at Harvard & MIT by Jad Esber & Brandon Baraban and is backed by a number of awesome investors and entrepreneurs, including TQ Ventures (Scooter Braun, Schuster Tanger & Andrew Marks), Mark Pincus, Joel Flory (via Accel), Backend Capital, Next10 Ventures, Rough Draft Ventures (via General Catalyst), Riaz Valani, G9 Ventures and other inspiring folks. the team is affiliated to the Harvard Berkman Klein Centre and the iLab.
for more check out our substack newsletter.
We're based in Boston until 2021 & hq will be in New York.
Who are you?
much creative, very technical. you're a swiss knife and are very proactive. you have an eye for design and are a very competent developer. you are able to engage in deep discussions on product and are very comfortable iterating very quickly. you value diversity (in every meaning of the word). you are a really caring person and your friends come to you for advice and consolation 👉👈
What you'll do:
we're a v small team so realistically you'll be doing a lot of different stuff - but you'll primarily be designing & building!
- experience design for the koodos product
- you'll be coding most days building the future
- partner closely with people using koodos to learn and co-design
- contribute to all aspects of the company & work to make tangible progress on our roadmap
What we want to see:
- incredibly organized and self-sufficient
- a portfolio chock full of beautiful, fun & usable experiences
- an obsession for design & culture
- formal training (or work experience) in computer science and experience building consumer products
- work experience in consumer internet as a SWE or a highly technical designer
- complete comfort sketching designs and riffing + ability to discuss highly technical implementation
- a creative skill I wouldn't have thought to list here - if you're a musician +1
- very numerical and have informed opinions
High proficiency with most of our stack:
- Typescript (Frontend + Backend)
- GraphQL (ApolloClient, using Hasura as engine)
How to apply
- include your fav emoji and name in the subject line
- send along relevant links that best showcase the relevant things you've designed, built and done