Lingokids is a well-funded, fast-growing edtech startup changing the face of early childhood language education. We’ve taught over two million kids in 170 countries since our launch last year.
Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission and build products and experiences for millions of users, we’re looking for an exceptional Lead Curriculum Designer that will be joining us remotely or in HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 20 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
As Lead Curriculum Designer you will be responsible for defining the Lingokids curriculum structure, enriching our content catalog with educational metadata, and help define how we assess learning and learning progression at Lingokids. We are seeking a combination of solid strategic thinking and superb execution.
The curriculum is the backbone of everything we do at Lingokids, and through your work, you will be able to directly impact how millions of parents and kids experience Lingokids around the world. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you work on?
- Design the curriculum and internal pedagogical resources across a broad range of topics for 2-8 years old (English language arts, Science, Technology and Maths, Writing and Drawing, Fine Motor Skills, Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, etc.).
- Map curriculum to our content and identify educational gaps in our catalog. Prioritize those gaps, so that our Content production teams can use those educational priorities to prioritize their content roadmap.
- Define the criteria for meaningfully enriching all content in terms of educational objectives, using metadata.
- Define learner profiles/segments, and design curriculum/learning paths for each of those segments.
- Define achievements based on educational progress.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to define learning progression data models, as well as to help define curriculum-based rules for recommendation systems.
- Provide pedagogical support to multiple teams to guarantee the educational quality of our content.
- Help recruit, train, and supervise other learning/curriculum specialists.
Are you our Lead Curriculum Designer?
We would love to meet you if you:
- MA in Education, TESOL, English, applied linguistics, linguistics, or a related field. Mixed background in Literacy and STEM education a big plus.
- At least 2 years experience designing curriculum for children aged 2-8; experience with preschool/Kindergarten age especially valuable.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching children. Working in a bilingual classroom and/or ESL teaching a big plus.
- You are a native English speaker and you have at least basic proficiency in one or more additional languages.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills. You can work well across a variety of functions: product managers, engineers, designers, creative directors, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical thinking.
- Experience with the design and implementation of assessments is a plus.
- Experience in ed-tech or interactive content is a plus.
- Experience hiring and managing other people would be a plus.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.