Livepeer.org is a primary online resource for participants and users of the Livepeer network.
You're excited about the challenge of leading the Go To Market function at an early stage start-up disrupting the video streaming industry. You’ve been part of the Product-Market-Fit journey in prior roles and want the opportunity to lead this discovery process as your next challenge. Working closely with product, engineering, and executive leadership to iterate quickly with customers on the path to bringing a disruptive technology to market is part of your DNA. If you have experience across most aspects of marketing and customer development in a developer oriented technology startup you should consider the opportunity to join Livepeer as our Go To Market Lead.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain based protocol which has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. In trying times like this, Livepeer provides a unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for an experienced operator to take the lead on its developer facing go to market strategy and execution. We are looking for an experienced marketing generalist, with an interest in increasing Livepeer’s footprint with the video developer community. You should understand and be able to execute across the full marketing discipline in a fast moving technology startup focusing on selling in B2B and B2D markets. Livepeer’s product is market-ready, and has early traction with users in the target profile, yet we are still at a stage where the insights you feed back to the rest of the product and engineering teams will lead to fast iteration and new learnings from customers. You’re comfortable executing in this constantly evolving environment, and thrive on continuous iteration. You are a leader who is excited about growing the adoption of Livepeer's transcoding service to enable a whole new generation of live streaming services through our platform.
- Reporting to the CEO, you’ll lead the charge to define and execute a Go To Market strategy that reaches and continuously engages with identified customer segments, testing hypotheses and bringing key insights back to the team that inform rapid evolution in product/market fit
- You’ll collaborate in fast, iterative cycles--working across teams to ensure that product and engineering meet customer requirements
- You will be entrusted to maximize marketing capability across public relations, content marketing, demand generation, product marketing, social and communications
- You are nimble in monitoring, evaluating, and optimizing marketing programs through measurement and analysis of KPIs and other indicators, owning commercial objectives and metrics tracking
- You’ll seamlessly align with engineering, sales, and product functions to ensure a successful end-to-end process for acquiring and onboarding new users
- You’ll be empowered, as a decision-maker and strategic leader in sourcing, evaluating and managing your team and vendors to help execute against go to market objectives as we find fit and scale out beyond the initial GTM iterations
- Experience across multiple marketing disciplines at a developer facing B2B or B2D focused technology startup
- Significant experience in managing and participating in content marketing development programs
- Demonstrable understanding of digital marketing theory, technology, implementation, marketing technology platforms, and associated vendor landscape
- Outstanding written, verbal, and organizational skills
- You’re highly organized, self starting, and biased toward action and execution
- Comfortable working on a distributed team and collaborating with others through synchronous and asynchronous communication
- Prior experience in community marketing is desirable
- Passion for crypto / blockchain oriented projects is desirable
- Prior experience in video technology is desirable
- Familiarity with Livepeer a plus
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your resume and/or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line: Go To Market Lead.