Lock&Stock is looking for a Head of App Development to join our Mobile App Development Team as part of Group Technology. The person recruited for this role will be responsible for leading a team of developers in building and maintaining iOS and Android apps.
Our team is composed of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people’s lives and have a positive impact on the student demographic. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all app-based services.
- Lead, mentor and build out the rest of the mobile app development team with the CTO
- Your primary focus will be developing high-end iOS/Android applications for the latest mobile devices.
- Collaborating with the design team for new application features.
- Identifying and fixing application bottlenecks.
- Maintaining the core code.
- Updating applications published on the App Store and Play Store.
- Devise and implement QA best practices for automated testing.
- Desire to work in a startup environment, able to self-manage and work remotely
- Must have built at least two Android and/or iOS apps
- Must have proficient skill in either Android or iOS and intermediate skill for the second platform.
- Have published at least one mobile app in Google Play Store and App Store.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including automated testing and building.
- Be proficient in using version control and continuous integration, with tools such as Git.
- Write clear, maintainable, and testable code that you are proud of.