We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our small collaborative, and fast-moving team to work on one of the most rewarding projects in the crypto mining industry.
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute power). Over the past three years we have been acting as a buyer of hashrate, purchasing, and mining over $45mm worth. We currently have 35,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily.
We fundamentally believe that compute power itself is a commodity and we want to build out traditional marketplaces and derivates for it.
We are building a spot market for hashrate, not dissimilar to a compute-power version of Henry Hub. After this is completed we will begin building incredibly powerful and interesting derivative products on the value of hashrate.
You will develop the technical design for either cloud or on-premises solutions.
Also, influence designs across R&D using original research and advanced analysis. You’ll design solutions for business critical and highly complex engineering projects by applying extensive domain expertise in performance testing. You’ll provide oversight of code and design reviews, and ensure features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements.
Our teams own mission-critical aspects of a rapidly growing, globally distributed platform (eg: Hashrate Marketplace and 15 unique mining pools), in the cloud, and, as such, you will have an incredible amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our product, with visibility throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership.
This role will report directly to the CTO. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate is based between UTC-8 and UTC-3 timezones.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Custody Platform Engineering Team. Our platform works intimately with Blockchain wallets and daemons to help enterprise clients secure funds, process transactions and mine blocks.
- Expert in technologies like Kubernetes & Docker deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Containers, Kubernetes, Service Mesh and related technologies).
- Experience with Shamir's secret sharing scheme, Multi-sig wallets, and other common digital wallet security paradigms.
- Deep understanding of programming and experience with at least one programming language.
- Working understanding of TCP/IP network stack, DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
- English language proficiency.
- Working experience with digital-currency custody, cryptography, or cyber-security.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, TypeScript
- Experience with cloud platform services and tooling (GCP).
- Knowledge of blockchain technology / mining pool industry.
- Experience delivering and owning web-scale pipelines systems in production.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about cryptocurrency and public-blockchain technologies.
- Has an interest in creating an entirely new market with Hashrate (compute power) as a commodity.
- Has an interest in thinking and evolving the architecture of our software to make it robust and maintainable.
- Enjoys writing code and pushing boundaries of what has been done so far.
- Brings fun to the team but can also go own the rabbit hole to push quality code on schedule.
- Build, maintain and deploy native cloud clusters of dozens of blockchain daemons in a scalable, highly available, and redundant manner.
- Build robust and secure APIs, SDKs, services, libraries to power wallet services, including hot / cold wallets, staking, indexing, and daemon lifecycle-management.
- Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation.
- Follow security best-practices and foster security guidelines within the organization.
- Collaborate on architecture definitions, always thinking of solutions that are scalable and secure.
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices.
At Luxor, we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all.
Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.