At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance executive team to prioritize the group’s efforts, drive highest impact initiatives, and track and manage progress and follow-up on those initiatives.The Chief of Staff will lead special projects, support our retention & engagement efforts, and amplify our communications & connectivity.
The ideal candidate is a proven relationship builder, versatile, and intellectually curious individual with strong analytical and project management skills who can develop trust with key leaders and stakeholders across the Finance organization to “make it happen”. The CoS will be expected to demonstrate problem-solving skills, be proactive in preventing challenges, and help their executive focus on the highest priorities. This role will handle several principal duties, all focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective for their executive and their line of business.
- Drive cross-functional alignment around setting the strategy and top priorities for Finance, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress
- Tech industry and finance functional experience
- Experience in a business management or advisory role, with strong Finance acumen
- Help build a successful and healthy organization: find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Project manage board meeting preparation and creation of board meeting materials
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives. Serve as a role model for the organization and display ownership at all levels
- Own the change management of large scale initiatives and programs, ensuring the right audiences receive the right information at the right time
- Anticipate and avert problems before they arise
- Understand and prioritize the opportunities where finance can make the biggest impact on the business, and drive initiatives that will have the highest impact on the productivity and engagement of the finance team.
- Drive organization communications strategy, prioritization of weekly meetings, offsite agendas, and identify opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, budgeting/financial planning, investment prioritization, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- 10+ years experience in either or a combination of management consulting, finance, operations, strategy, or an equivalent field.
- Experience working directly with C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs, progress and results with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth, product-centric company
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Highest level of integrity, emotional intelligence, and management of confidential information
- Demonstrated experience owning and exemplifying inclusivity and supporting diversity and belonging across all levels
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.