Mav Farm is a technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California, that designs and develops enterprise and consumer media, commerce, and financial software and services. The company's software products include: the Mav Farm social global marketplace, the Mav Farm Enterprise app for brands, retailers, media and music publishers, artists and cultural leaders, and the .show video camera app. Our employees, who have named themselves Mavericks and Farmers, are everything. Because of our ability to attract the most talented, intelligent, and creative technologists, scientists, artists, designers and business people across the world, Mav Farm naturally remains highly "unmanageable." In this unmanaged chaos, we have been delighted by the work that has been produced by these Mavericks and Farmers. We have been lucky to recruit many creative, principled and hard working leaders and we hope to recruit many more in the future. We are a distributed collective of pioneers, a farm of mavericks, seeking both individual freedom and community. Mav Farm emphasizes creative exploration above everything else, which has helped us provide artists, creators, and businesses access to complete control over the universal distribution of their art, goods, and services.
Mav Farm is transforming how we share video and products across the web. We’re looking for a contract frontend web developer with React experience to develop and deliver our designs. You’ll work closely with the Web team to develop embeddable video and commerce components. Our web-first approach will require experience developing web-based applications in React.
- Architect and build the UX for our embeddable shoppable video player and embeddable marketplace of products
- Create frontend tests (i.e., Cypress)
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 5+ years experience with ReactJs 16.12+, React hooks, and styled-components 5+
- 3+ years experience with Next.js (SSR)
- 2+ years experience with react-spring
- 2+ years experience with Docker
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A remote or LA-based developer with excellent English speaking skills
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- 1+ year experience with React-Three-Fiber
- This is a project-based contract role. If you're interested in applying, please share your résumé/CV along with any past portfolio work you can share.