Maze is a Series A funded startup building the future of rapid testing for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network.
We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 40,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze.
We're a fully remote team working across 21 countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
Head of Security
We are looking for a Security and Compliance expert to manage Maze’s ongoing security and compliance activities. This role will be reporting to the CTO at Maze and will be responsible for defining and conducting security & compliance program activities, developing effective metrics and reporting systems and managing the external and internal audit support. This role will also support our Sales team with pre-Sales RFPs and security workshops.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage our current compliance projects (SOC2 & GDPR) across multiple teams, including operations, IT and development.
- Develop internal policy and procedure documents, and advise internal stakeholders to comply with Maze’s security & compliance initiatives
- Develop and own the annual risk assessment, disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Provide responses to customer security questionnaires and RFPs and participate in pre-sales calls with customers to discuss Maze’s security & compliance capabilities
- Coordinate external & internal security & compliance audit activities
- Clearly explain our security & compliance program to third parties, including customers and vendors
- Keep track of new regulations, industry best practices, and implement continuous improvement on an ongoing basis
- Work with legal on development of privacy artifacts e.g Privacy Policies, Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in an equivalent security and compliance related role
- Profound knowledge of industry compliance standards as they relate to Software as a Service, such as SOC2, GDPR and CCPA
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy is necessary in order to analyze and finalize documents
- Organized, responsive, and able to gain support and consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love to hear from you.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 60 employees. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: You will help us 5x MRR in 2021 by building key relationships with our partner ecosystem, launching integrations and managing ongoing partner marketing activities.
- Unlimited time off
- Twice a year company retreat for a week, fully paid by Maze (once COVID is over)
- Laptop paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 14 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $850/month in benefits to be used at your discretion. Get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits!
- $2,000 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space!