Maze is a Series B funded startup building the future of product research for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network.
We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 60,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze.
We're a fully remote team working across 35+ countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In your role, you will work closely with:
- Product Design
- Product Management
- Our Core team
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create seamless experiences for our users that are simple, and versatile enough to address the complex needs of our customers, such as workflows, integrations and core functionality for our product proposition
- Take ownership of the entire design process from research, ideation, concept generation, through to validation and testing your high fidelity solutions
- Work with our design system to ensure consistency while helping to improve and expand on our component library
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to address user problems and turn them into product opportunities and business revenue growth
- Maintain a growth oriented mindset, openly seeking feedback to improve and expand your knowledge
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience designing end to end experiences for digital products
- Experience with SaaS, B2B, or other complex technical problems
- A proven track record using or incorporating user feedback and data into your design process
- Passion for complexity and enjoy translating intricate user needs into delightful experiences
- Comfortable sharing your process and explaining the design rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to communicate efficiently and asynchronously with teams
- Expertise visualizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong understanding of complex information architectures
GOALS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE OR OWN
- Play a hands-on role in our Core team and help shape the future of testing & research
- Have immediate impact through building delightful experiences that solve real user problems
- Ensure design consistency through the use of our design system while looking for ways to contribute, and drive it forward
Maze values transparency and it enables us to approach compensation equitably across the world. We are informed by data and regularly check our salary ranges (either *United States* or *Rest of World*) against other venture backed companies. Additionally, we are proud of our holistic and generous benefits offerings, included in every compensation package.
The typical compensation for this role ranges from $87,000.00 - $141,500.00. Your salary is dependent upon many factors, including years of experience, expertise, etc. Don’t let the typical compensation range for this role stop you from applying; during your first interview, you can expect to have an open conversation with your recruiter regarding your compensation expectations.
Thoughts to share about how Maze communicates compensation? We’re open to hearing your insights and feedback.
At Maze, we are dedicated to building an equitable, inclusive, and authentic workspace. Unique and diverse perspectives are welcomed, and continuous growth is encouraged. We believe that people are more than their resumes, so if your past experience looks different than the criteria listed, we'd still love to hear from you. We appreciate and celebrate non-traditional life routes and encourage you to apply should you connect with a job description or the Maze culture.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 200 team members. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: We're a fast-growing startup and we have big goals! You will have the opportunity to impact Maze's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
- Health insurance with international coverage, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes Vision
- Dental insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes orthodontics
- Free access to proper mental health care, unlimited virtual therapy sessions (with a human)
- Life and Disability Insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- Unlimited, flexible time off
- Meaningful equity
- Company retreats, fully paid for by Maze
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 16 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $500/month in benefits to be used at your discretion, get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits
- $1,500 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Monthly Bonus.ly points that are awarded to others to recognize teamwork, dedication and helpfulness - points can be cashed out for gift cards and more
- Virtual social engagements randomly throughout the year and gaming sessions every other Thursday
- SWAG, we have some really cool swag
- Open, transparent culture that includes virtual: lunch-and-learns, coffee chats, quarterly all-hands meetings, and more
Check out all of our a-maze-ing benefits here.