ABOUT OPENSTORE OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the ecommerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is co-founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, and Michael Rubenstein, who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a Business Operations Manager to lead the integration of acquired companies.
As a part of the business operations team, you’ll develop how we effectively absorb our acquired companies into OpenStore, collaborating with teammates across the organization. You’ll be a critical part of mitigating risk in the M&A process, driving a seamless transition, and expanding our portfolio of e-commerce brands. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences.
- Partners closely with hiring managers to plan the hiring process for new roles including job description creation, job board postings and application reviews
- Develops relationships with hiring managers and leadership to collaborate during the hiring process
- Uses various platforms to source excellent candidates and actively source passive candidates
- Schedules and coordinates a high volume of interviews (phone, on-site, interview challenges)
- Delivers a high quality candidate experience
- Tracks and reports on recruiting funnel metrics; Executes and improves the hiring process continuously
- Tracks and documents candidate communications in Lever
- Stays up-to-date with current recruitment methods and trends
WHO YOU ARE
- You love building great plans and playbooks. Nothing slips through the cracks and you know how to escalate issues and think ahead for contingency plans.
- You are experienced building e-commerce brands. You’ve done it before. Your experience will enable you to focus on the risks that matter most and help OpenStore avoid pitfalls.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team on the absorption playbook to build an increasingly low-risk and efficient process.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll build the playbook. You’ll design the absorption process for M&A including checklists, templates, seller interview guides, and how-tos. You’ll refine the process to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- You’ll project manage the M&A absorption process for every new acquisition. You'll be hands-on working with sellers, our pricing/diligence team, and our operations teams to execute a smooth process.
- You’ll stand-up infrastructure for the operations team. You’ll collaborate with operators to stand-up the right infrastructure to ensure continuous operations in the OpenStore way.
- You’ll grow and improve. You’ll be working with top-notch people who love to teach and learn. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all improve ourselves on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. You’ll work together with smart and team-first people with the responsibility and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space to execute and support to excel.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5+ years experience working in e-commerce
- Track record of project managing complex projects
- Have a high bar for excellence and know how to balance the 80/20
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Prior M&A or program management experience preferred
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.