Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans. Overtime uses tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive more than 1 billion video views each month. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms like Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Greycroft Ventures as well as industry leaders like Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony and the late NBA Commissioner David Stern.
Please note the position will be located on the east coast. Specific location to be announced soon.
Overtime Elite is hiring a Director of Social Media to join our team full-time. This role is integral to Overtime’s continued success and growth in social media - Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and more. They will fully operate our Overtime Elite social pages, serving as the right hand to our Head of Social Media.
Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
About Overtime Elite
OTE is a transformative global sports league built to serve, educate, and empower the most talented basketball players on their path from proficiency to pro. The next generation of basketball superstars do not have a league to call their own - here is where OTE comes in. We are creating a catered solution FOR these athletes to be EMPOWERED. Overtime has been able to fill the gaps and needs within the market and it’s given us exposure to those unserved in the ecosystem. We’re untethered to any past norms so we can aggressively service. Where other leagues failed to develop storylines behind unknown players, Overtime is internationally known for discovering the next generation of basketball superstars. There is an opportunity to serve the underserved elite athlete and challenge the ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Publish content to our Overtime Elite channels including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and more
- Edit recaps of video highlights from games we film to be posted on social
- Review content before it’s posted from proofreading and spell-checking to QCing videos
- Assist the Head of Social Media with sourcing, training, and on-boarding new hires to the social team
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team across OT to align the content we post with the strategy in place
- Strategize with the Head of Social Media and social team
- Curate content to be posted
- Sweat the nitty, gritty details of everything we put out on social
Who you are
- MOST IMPORTANT: You understand and can communicate in Overtime’s voice.
- Live, breathe, eat social media. You are constantly on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and on the lookout for new, exciting platforms.
- At least 2+ years of professionally managing and posting on multiple social media accounts
- Detail-oriented. Amazing proofreader who always checks their work.
- Down to hustle - this role requires regular nights and weekends.
- Fast af
- LOVE sports. You are passionate and knowledgeable about high school football, basketball, and/or soccer.
- Problem-solver and self-starter
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Bonus for experience with Photoshop and video editing software like Premiere and After Effects
- Bonus for experience or interest in sports gambling content