Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans. Overtime uses tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive more than 1 billion video views each month. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms like Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Greycroft Ventures as well as industry leaders like Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony and the late NBA Commissioner David Stern.
Please note the position will be located on the east coast. Specific location to be announced soon.
Overtime is looking for a multi-talented production expert for the position of Production Manager, Overtime Elite.
As a leader inside of Overtime’s production management team, you’ll be responsible for all things logistics, planning, organizing, and executing for Overtime Elite’s content team. On any given day, you might be bouncing between managing gear, to building post-production calendars, to creating schedules, to handling payments for vendors and contractors.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing a variety of productions simultaneously. This position is not for someone who likes the consistency and stability of production managing one show at a time. We are looking for someone who can multi-task and seamlessly bounce between all areas of production management as we build a content ecosystem unlike anything ever seen before.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging short form content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
About Overtime Elite
OTE is a transformative global sports league built to serve, educate, and empower the most talented basketball players on their path from proficiency to pro. The next generation of basketball superstars do not have a league to call their own - here is where OTE comes in. We are creating a catered solution FOR these athletes to be EMPOWERED. Overtime has been able to fill the gaps and needs within the market and it’s given us exposure to those unserved in the ecosystem. We’re untethered to any past norms so we can aggressively service. Where other leagues failed to develop storylines behind unknown players, Overtime is internationally known for discovering the next generation of basketball superstars. There is an opportunity to serve the underserved elite athlete and challenge the ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Overtime Elite’s production management efforts
- Manage scheduling and logistics for a 30+ person staff of producers, shooters, and editors responsible for creating all of OTE’s content
- Support all phases of the production process, from brainstorm to pre pro to execution to air
- Build and implement all processes that help OTE’s content team stay organized
- Build and manage budgets throughout the year, providing regular updates to Head of Content Operations on spending
- Oversee media management efforts to ensure all footage is organized and cataloged correctly
- Manage all gear and equipment, including repairs, replacements, and new purchases
- Manage all contractors and vendors, including sourcing, on-boarding, and payment
- Work closely with the Overtime Sales team on sponsor integrations into our content, as well as client management/hospitality
- Work closely with Chief Content Officer, Executive Producers, and Head of Content Operations on how OTE fits into the overall Overtime content and programming calendars
- Work closely with the Head of Production/Tech on gear, equipment, and technological innovations that will take OTE content to the next level
- Manage production timelines and milestones, accounting for feedback processes and on-deadline delivery for all projects
- Facilitate regular communication, meetings, and status updates to ensure all parties have the most up-to-date information on the OTE content team
- Work cross-functionally with Basketball Ops, Academics, and the rest of the team to build the processes and infrastructure to needed to support OTE
Who you are:
- 4+ years of production management experience in digital media and/or television
- You are incredible at creating processes and implementing them amongst large staffs
- Your organizational skills are next level, and you love creating and managing all of the tools that keep complex productions organized
- You have expertise in every aspect of the production process from pre-pro, to shooting, to media management, to editing, to finishing, to publishing and distribution.
- You LOVE consuming digital content and are well-versed in all of the social platforms.
- You’ve worked closely with Sales teams and brand partners in the past, and can work closely with our sales team on the entire life cycle of a partnership (pre-sale pitch to post-sale execution and delivery)
- You have a network of vendors and contractors who could be tapped as resources for OTE productions
- You have strong knowledge of the gear, equipment, and technology required to support all aspects of production
- You’re comfortable wearing many hats and bouncing between different projects from minute-to-minute
- You have a positive attitude and know how to foster a collaborative environment
- Your organization and communication skills are ELITE
- You have incredible attention-to-detail and don’t mind juggling 20+ projects at once