Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. We are looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As an Accounting Administrator at Ozow you fill an important and necessary role in the business. You will be a key member of our Finance Team, ensuring we run a world-class financial operation. We are looking for someone who is attentive to detail, thorough, and possesses a strong work ethic.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Qualification – Diploma/ Bcom in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to function effectively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with Xero advantageous.
- Experience working within a scale-up/fintech environment – advantageous.
- Proactive team player.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Posting and reconciling daily bank account transactions.
- Debtor management and collection.
- Creditor management.
- Issuing statements to debtors and creditors.
- Management of procurement.
- General monthly invoicing.
- Manual adjustment of the monthly invoicing which does not come from the company’s dashboard.
- Invoicing adjustment – credit notes.
- Audit support.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Reconcile creditors and debtors.
- Float top ups.
- Banking – inter-account transfers and supplier payments.
- Management of accounts mailbox and attending to any queries.
Your skills and competencies:
- Communication. You speak and writeclearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You know when and how much information to communicate. You maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Intelligence. You learn quickly. You demonstratethe ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Problem solving.You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Work ethic. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You havea track record of working hard.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue assessing situations as they arise to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they too get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.