Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Head of Brand you have a unique opportunity to build an iconic brand for Ozow, that is recognizable across the African continent, as we work towards our vision of financial inclusion. You will work closely with the Senior Management team to develop the marketing strategy across all key areas including social media, outreach/PR and creative.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a Head of Brand.
- Have a degree in Fine Arts, Design, Advertising and or equivalent.
- Have worked in with a scaling technology brand. Fintech experience is desirable.
- You are fluent in current technology and have a deep appreciation for the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs.
Your roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with digital marketing and creative teams to define the brand identity and create, maintain, and clearly identify brand vision.
- Conceptualising, executing and measuring of successful brand campaigns.
- Supporting the Director in implementing an international strategy.
- Building brand decks and guidelines to drive consistency through the business.
- Researching and scoping off site locations for campaign and creative shoots working to budgets
- Challenging and influencing at a senior level the direction of the Brand, bringing ideas, inspiration and creative thinking.
Team and partnership management.
- Managing the team to ensure all projects are on brand, budget and to deadline.
- Building relationships with all ambassadors and key influencers.
- Bringing on board new collaborators.
- Partnering with the Creative Director on unique, innovative, and rebranding projects.
- Providing inspiration and direction for the teams in regular creative sessions.
- Working with creative team to plan campaigns around launches and key dates in the year.
- Guiding graphic designers to ensure content is on brand and on time.
Social media. Supporting social media to ensure that social is continuously growing and that social content is forward thinking and original.
Your skills and experience
- Able to develop "A Players". You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Attention to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Creative/ innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Digitally competent. You are aware of the most relevant or common technologies and can decide upon the most appropriate technology according to the purpose or need at hand.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You are action-oriented.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so. Our team currently have the flexibility to either work from home or onsite during this time to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.