Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. We are looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As Head of Risk and Compliance at Ozow you will join our remarkable legal team. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of risk at Ozow, its employees, clients, reputation, assets, and interests of stakeholders. Specific risk areas include, corporate governance, information security, regulatory compliance, insurance, and operational risk.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a risk management role, preferably from fintech / banking / financial services.
- A bachelors’ degree in a business-related subject, preferably in accountancy, from a reputable University.
- Professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA) is ideal.
- Experience in risk management and evaluating business operations including sustainability, efficiency, budget and overhead control, profitability and default management.
- Knowledge of banking, company, employment and tax laws and regulations, banking compliance regulations and accounting principles.
- The ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and service agreements that aligns with Ozow’s business plan.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with advanced skills related to the preparation and submission of regulatory, statutory and risk / compliance reports.
Your roles and responsibilities:
Strategy and vision:
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy for the organisation.
- Establish and quantify the organisation's 'risk appetite' and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
Team leadership and management:
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximise effectiveness.
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact Ozow.
- Provide regular reports to boards and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required.
- External risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Continual drive for enhanced efficiency and client service (internal and external) in all Risk and Compliance processes.
- Conduct internal risk audits, including liaison with external auditors.
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within Ozow.
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions.
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirement for projects, develop effective working relationships during project implementation and ensure business as usual ownership is understood by management.
- Evaluate compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place.
Your skills and competencies:
- Able to hire and develop A Players. You source, select and sell A Players to join a company. You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Analytical skills. You are able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You know when and how much information to communicate. You maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making.
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty/ integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence of your team. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
- Innovation. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue assessing situations as they arise to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they too get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.