Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. We are looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Head of Talent at Ozow you will lead the charge in designing and applying strategies that will help us attract and hire employees as we build our team of top performers striving for excellence. You are central in ensuring Ozow meets our ambitious goals.
In this position you will be responsible for managing a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists and crafting sourcing strategies for various roles, from entry-level to executive-level positions. You should be able to ensure we provide an excellent candidate experience, while meeting our business goals and filling our vacancies.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or equivalent.
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Head of Talent or similar senior-level HR position.
- Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems and Human Resources software.
- Good knowledge of labour law legislation.
- Experience leading a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists.
Your roles and responsibilities
- Designing and executing recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates.
- Proactively identifying and addressing hiring needs.
- Evaluating and refining sourcing and selection procedures.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to create content to attract top performers.
- Managing a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists and provide assistance as needed.
- Promoting diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates.
- Overseeing and improving overall candidate experience.
- Maintaining talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future talent needs.
- Organising recruitment events to establish a strong employer brand.
- Participating in our company’s strategic planning regarding employee development and engagement.
- Ensuring proper onboarding and training for new hires.
- Spearheading continuous improvement across the organisation to reduce waste and increase productivity.
Your skills and experience
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You are action-oriented.
- Able to hire and develop A Players. You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Creative/ innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Persuasive. You are able to convince others to pursue a course of action. You are a skilled facilitator and able to resolve conflicts when they occur.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue assessing situations as they arise to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career.We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they too get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.