Job ID: 2012
- Partner with the Founder & CEO and Leadership Team to define the strategic direction of Parker Heath's policy and advocacy objectives and the investments necessary to achieve those objectives.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team and contribute to the achievement of high impact Organization-approved goals.
- Lead the process to develop, grow and maintain an influential position for the organization impacting federal and state public policy initiatives.
- Develop strategic direction and tactics to advance Parker Health priorities and federal policy agenda working closely with organization executives; drive consensus-building efforts with Allies and within the organization.
- Manage all aspects of the government affairs team to ensure the advocacy goals of the organization are achieved; work with staff collectively and on an individual basis to develop strategies and related work-plans to achieve Parker Health’s goals.
- Oversee and ensure an effective key, influential stakeholder outreach program to support the CEO in promoting the organization’s strategic objectives with top subject matter expert leaders.
- Support the development of policy positions and strategies to advance the interests of Parker Health.
- Anticipate emerging government, public, or community/social issues of importance and position Parker Health’s to address those issues.
- Serve as the trusted, internal thought leader on legislative, and public-sector matters, as well as on public sector strategic decisions and the impact of these decisions.
- Represent Parker Health on leading coalitions poised to impact and drive the organization’s policy objectives.
- Develop working relationship with key leaders and policy makers, including but not limited to elected and appointed legislative and congressional staff; administrative and regulatory officials and staff, and other leaders in the federal executive and legislative branches, with a key focus on those with jurisdictional influence over health care funding, coverage, access and development.
- Focus on driving strong and deep public policy analysis and research working closely with the Director of Policy; Partner with stakeholders to advance Parker Health’s s value proposition and thought leadership positioning.
- Develop policies, strategies, processes and plans for communicating to diverse groups in a clear, strategic, and sensitive professional manner.
- Lead presentations to the Board, Allies and other relevant stakeholders to build consensus
- 10+ years of successful leadership experience leading and managing advocacy and public policy teams in a corporate, association, and/or Capitol Hill.
- The ability to balance multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities to achieve a positive outcome. And the ability to navigate high-impact and complex situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare IT, biotechnology, and regulations and policies.
- Outstanding personal communicator with the stature and presence to represent the organization at industry forums and events, legislative arenas with stakeholders, partners, and other trade associations, and a track record of nurturing positive relationships with legislators, administrators, and lobbyists, as well as with senior management.
- A collaborative style, interactive with the courage and conviction to challenge and defend ideas and strategies; ability to offer creative pathways or alternative solutions both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Connection to and experience working with or for underserved populations.
- Experience working with HRSA, BPHC, BHW, ONC, and the Health Center Program strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter at: People@ourparker.com