Human intuition is the hardest problem for self-driving cars. We solve it.
At Perceptive Automata, we use our understanding of human behavior, computer vision, and machine learning to make autonomous vehicles safer for people on and near the road.
Our data pipeline is the backbone of our diverse efforts in all these areas and we are looking to add an experienced engineer to help us evolve and scale that pipeline in preparation for new machine learning efforts and increased customer work. As the manager of this small, growing team you will lead the team responsible for this pipeline, overseeing and providing technical guidance on efforts related to the collection, management, processing, and security of our (and our customers’) data.
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background:
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience 5+ years commercial software development using Python Solid software design skills with experience writing well-tested and scalable code Experience working with the following:
- Relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Workload orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Airflow, Nextflow)
- Both on-prem and cloud-based data storage and processing Proven familiarity with best practices surrounding data security Proven track record planning and delivering on development milestones aligned with business goals Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing software engineers -- while not strictly required -- would be helpful
- Experience working at a startup is a plus as the decisions and tradeoffs at startup (even a growing one) tend to be very different than those at a larger company
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (including EC2, S3, and RDS) is ideal since we rely heavily on these services.
- Experience developing data pipeline for a machine learning in a commercial setting
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible WFH policies during COVID
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
- Modern urban office space with natural light and greenery
- Lunch provided daily by local restaurants
- Unlimited healthy snacks & beverages
- Journal clubs, guest speakers & learning opportunities
- In-office gaming, board games & books
- Office lending library
- Company outings
- Diverse events organized by team members on an ad-hoc basis
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.
At Perceptive Automata, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes new team members with all experiences and perspectives. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.