Pinwheel is the easiest way for users to connect their payroll accounts to your app.
Pinwheel provides an API that makes it easy for any user to connect their payroll account to any app. By building pipes that connect payroll platforms to banks, lenders, and other service providers, we hope to help underserved consumers gain equitable access to financial services when they need it most, while sparking innovation of new financial products.
Financial institutions often rely on traditional credit scoring systems that look at a consumer's past behavior and limited demographic data. More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all, and 78% live paycheck to paycheck. Without access to affordable financial products, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
At Pinwheel, we believe that unlocking API access to payroll systems helps build towards a fairer financial system. Most people's money can be traced back to a payroll system (e.g., ADP, Paychex, Gusto) — meaning those systems sit at the top of the financial stack and harbor a wealth of income and employment data, and tapping into them offers limitless possibilities. Here are just a few ways Pinwheel's solution helps our customers and their end users:
- Enable real-time, seamless direct deposit switching within a bank's UX, driving LTV and account profitability for banks, and giving users control over where their paycheck goes
- Let consumers share their income and employment data directly with lenders, no paperwork required — speeding up the process and delivering the high quality data lenders need in real time
- Allow borrowers to repay their loans directly from their payroll — massively de-risking loans for lenders and allowing customers to access fairer interest rates What are we looking for? Over the last year, we’ve assembled a phenomenal team of engineers and operators. We’re now looking for a Product Manager to work closely with our head of product. Together, you’ll help tie it all together, playing a key role in shaping Pinwheel’s next chapter. What you will be doing?
- Own and drive key initiatives across the entire product surface, partnering closely with engineering, operations, commercial, and design to ship 0 -> 1 products
- Help inform high-level strategy and roadmap for our engineering team. You'll work on areas that encompass -
- The technical underpinnings that power our product. Encompasses the flows that end-users go through to find and authenticate with their payroll
- The public-facing API that our customers interface with, and so much more
- Critical infrastructure that connects thousands of Payroll platforms to our API, and ingests the data contained within them
- Work with Commercial to distill customer needs into actionable initiatives for engineering
- Be a champion for our users. By being an expert in our market, you will help your teammates develop empathy not only for our customers (financial service providers), but for their customers (end users) as well, and help translate their needs into a best-in-class experience. What skills are necessary?
- 5+ years experience building and scaling software products
- Passion for getting into the nitty-gritty of complex systems, and a desire to make them simple
- Ability to partner closely with sales, design, and engineering teams to balance tradeoffs, translate requirements, and ultimately, to deliver products that solve customer problems
- Demonstrable track record of being scrappy, and finding creative solutions to tough, and oftentimes ambiguous problems
- Previous experience working on FinTech APIs or other highly technical products a plus, but not required
- Early-stage startup experience a plus, but not required Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.