Pinwheel is the easiest way for users to connect their payroll accounts to your app.
Pinwheel provides an API that makes it easy for any user to connect their payroll account to any app. By building pipes that connect payroll platforms to banks, lenders, and other service providers, we hope to help underserved consumers gain equitable access to financial services when they need it most, while sparking innovation of new financial products.
Financial institutions often rely on traditional credit scoring systems that look at a consumer's past behavior and limited demographic data. More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all, and 78% live paycheck to paycheck. Without access to affordable financial products, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
At Pinwheel, we believe that unlocking API access to payroll systems helps build towards a fairer financial system. Most people's money can be traced back to a payroll system (e.g., ADP, Paychex, Gusto) — meaning those systems sit at the top of the financial stack and harbor a wealth of income and employment data, and tapping into them offers limitless possibilities. Here are just a few ways Pinwheel's solution helps our customers and their end users:
- Enable real-time, seamless direct deposit switching within a bank's UX, driving LTV and account profitability for banks, and giving users control over where their paycheck goes
- Let consumers share their income and employment data directly with lenders, no paperwork required — speeding up the process and delivering the high quality data lenders need in real time
- Allow borrowers to repay their loans directly from their payroll — massively de-risking loans for lenders and allowing customers to access fairer interest rates
What are we looking for? We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with specialization in application and infrastructure security to join our core engineering team. You will be responsible for implementing best practices around building and securing our cloud infrastructure, establishing many of our DevOps processes from the ground up, and helping build out our SRE team as we scale.
What will you be doing?
- Take ownership of the entire process, from observability and SLIs/SLOs to Incident Response to postmortems and follow-up actions.
- Identification and mitigation of security related issues in our stack.
- Define and build monitoring solutions using DataDog.
- Tune and optimize the performance of our Kubernetes clusters.
- Leverage Terraform to provision and manage cloud services in AWS.
- Design CI / CD systems that allow our engineering team to safely move fast and rapidly push code to production numerous times a day.
- Work to define standards and best practices and help drive those throughout the engineering team.
- Drive our initiatives towards SOC-2 compliance with 3rd party auditors.
- Coach and mentor other members of the engineering team on best practices around cloud architecture, DevOps processes, and infosec
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.