Pinwheel is the easiest way for users to connect their payroll accounts to your app.
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, and more than half have a poor credit score. As a result, they are limited to participation in a predatory ecosystem of high interest rate credit cards, payday loans, etc., which ultimately pushes them into deeper cycles of debt.
At Pinwheel, we are building towards a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems. By building pipes that connect these systems to banks, lenders, and other service providers, we help underserved consumers gain equitable access to today’s financial products -- helping people when they need it the most.
What are we looking for? We are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead and scale our team of 11 engineers who are mostly colocated in New York to a globally distributed team of 50 engineers.
What you will be doing?
- Directly manage the engineering managers and work with them to implement processes across the engineering team.
- Optimize lines of communications within the engineering team and with other teams in the company.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks in the software development lifecycle.
- Apply an analytical lens to the performance of the engineering team by tracking a variety of data points from various systems such as DataDog, Jira, and Sentry.
- Develop the hiring strategy and plan in coordination with the engineering managers and tech leads.
- Work with the recruiting team to optimize the hiring process.
- Actively pitch roles to senior engineering candidates.
- Source contractors for skillsets that are difficult to hire for.
- Plan and manage the budget for the engineering team.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with various cloud software vendors to reduce the financial footprint of our technology stack.
- Contract third party infosec firms to conduct regularly scheduled penetration tests and coordinate the engineering team on remediating discovered vulnerabilities.
- Institute policies and practices alongside external auditors to uphold SOC-2 compliance.
- Cross-functionally engaging with heads of product, sales, and the exec team on long term roadmap planning.
- Report directly to the CTO on all aspects of the engineering team.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.