Hoi.. Goedemorgen.. Goedeavond 👋 Something very very exciting is happening: Pleo is hiring in the Netherlands!
And for that, we need someone who will help us make the best-possible first impression on Dutch businesses. In other words, this role represents the first step in Pleo’s expansion into the Netherlands.
More specifically, we are looking for high-performing, hands-on customer success professionals to join our founding team, to drive our mission to become the go-to spending solution from Rotterdam to Zwolle - or just everywhere!
This role is not for the faint of heart. You will be part of the core team in the Dutch market, leading the charge. This opportunity is an accelerator for your career in tech customer experience/success.
Put simply - we need a smart, entrepreneurial, customer-centric Customer Success Manager to help build and develop our Dutch presence.
As a lover of relationship-building and customer guidance, you have never really been like the others. Every exchange is an opportunity to forge customer loyalty, provide excellent service and become their very own trusted advisor in the space you operate.
You have an endless curiosity to learn more about your customers and work with them to solve their needs. You build rapport in a heartbeat, ask relevant questions and always strive to improve their opinion of your product.
Energy, Edge, Execution, and Passion are critical to your success here. You're constantly bringing the team up, going out of your way to help your teammates.
- Project management / prioritisation (as you will have small and larger customers, onboarding and adoption all in one portfolio)
- Content creation (video and written)
- Excited about experimentation and okay with not all processes being in place
- Patient and customer centric (as there is quite a heavy support focus right now)
- Curious (get to the bottom of feature request, build an understanding of the Dutch market)
About Our Customer Success Team
Your point of contact are the Pleo sponsors, namely the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors and everyone else who might be the decision maker in regards to the spending policy in SMEs and medium-sized companies.
You will manage day-to-day operations and long term business relationships with our Dutch customers. You’ll onboard customers, implement and promote adoption of our products and services, and position Pleo to meet the current and future business requirements of our customers.
As a CSM, you will also play a critical role in managing customer escalations and proactively communicating feedback to an International Product counterpart. You'll be a constant advocate for your customers, looking out for them every step of the way.
What we need from you on the first day:
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we are going from 0 to 1 in the Netherlands and we need you to help us develop our presence in the market
- Complete fluency in Dutch with full professional proficiency in English to boot (our company language)
- A solid 2-5 years of B2B SaaS/Fintech experience
- Winning attitude and ambition - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Passion for customer success and service mentality
- Proven track record of leading customer engagements with B2B mid-market customers resulting in increased adoption, customer satisfaction, and contract value growth on both upsells and renewals
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment
- Elite communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-pressure SaaS start-up/scale-up
- Bonus if you have a background in professional services
A few things about you
- Don't need to be told twice to get things done
- Always ready to take on challenges
- Are positive - the glass is half-full
Show me the benefits!
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Your own Pleo card (no out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Croatia!
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- Flex benefit - spend your budget in whatever you want, maybe some tennis classes? or why not on a new screen for your home desk?
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking Friday bar, holiday parties, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 74 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.