The hard skills needed:
- Prior to your technical leadership experience, you have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer, ideally with broad experience or specialised in testing by building test automation solutions, metric systems, or improving testing effectiveness.
- Web, Mobile and Backend test automated frameworks expertise.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience building and optimising CI/CD software pipelines.
- Metrics - Defined and implemented measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product.
- Observability & Monitoring of complex distributed software systems (we use DataDog for it).
- Excellent hands-on programming knowledge in at least one, preferably several, different modern languages (e.g. Typescript, Kotlin, Java).
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have successfully lead a remote and distributed software team in the past, while contributing technically yourself, from architecture definition to solution delivery.
- You enjoy modern DevOps and working with containerized systems (Docker & Kubernetes), and to that end, you understand how to build reliable infrastructure and transition systems from development -> testing -> production.
- You have relevant experience from working in the fintech/card/open banking spaces.
- Are passionate about helping growing engineering teams and making others better.
- Think creatively and are able to come up with solid technical solutions to novel ideas & challenges which rise from an engineering team as it scales.
- Enjoy working very closely with business stakeholders and reason about your decisions with both technology and business always in mind.
Your colleagues say about you:
- Have a solid track in Software Engineering.
- You build tools which enable others to build better and faster.
- Are the go-to person for software quality and testing questions.
- Are always eager to deliver. You like to get things out and test your ideas/solutions rather than fiddling around with minor details until you have something perfect.
- Challenge the status quo, and give good arguments why.
- Are easy to work with and a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not).
- Listen to feedback but is strong enough to drive your own vision.
Your mom says that you:
- Liked to take things apart to see how they work (be it watches / computers / you name it).
- You always ask why.
- Played with Lego as a kid and built things.
- Always come up with the most efficient route to do your errands.
- You know way too much about everything.
- Take on challenges happily.
- Probably work in IT (moms).
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)...
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland last December.
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets).
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂